Saturday, November 20, 2010

First Post

The first post goes to the famous poet Gerald Gould for his 'Wander Thirst'





Beyond the east the sunrise; Beyond the west the sea
And East and West the Wander-Thirst that will not let me be;
It works in me like madness to bid me say goodbye, 
For the seas call, and the stars call, and oh! The call of the sky!


I know not where the white road runs, nor what the blue hills are, 
But a man can have the sun for friend, and for his guide, a star;
And there?s no end to voyaging when once the voice is heard, 
For the rivers call, and the road calls, and oh! The call of a bird!


Yonder the long horizon lies, and there by night and day
The old ships draw to home again, the young ships sail away
And come I may, but go I must, and if men ask you why, 
You may put the blame on the stars and the sun, 
And the white road and the sky.



By Gerald Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment